I can’t believe how quickly the week has flown by – it only seems like yesterday that I posted the last set of Friday Favourites. It’s a beautiful Spring day here – clear blue skies with just a hint of bite in the air. The weekend promises something similar, so hopefully I’ll get started on planting out my seedlings. We’re also hoping to build a greenhouse using the old windows from the house. Busy, busy.
Here are a few of my favourite reads from the past week:
- This story about a “geep” (cross between a goat and a sheep) born in Kildare gave me a good giggle. Only in Ireland, folks!
- Still stuck in my chicken craze, I enjoyed these designer chicken coops. I particularly like the “Hobbit” version.
- A year to the day since it was first published, I very much enjoyed this article on rare-breed pig-keeping from Miss Foodwise. Both Arūnas and I love pigs so a few rare-breeds might be next to join our little farm.
- I can’t wait to get my hands on this beautiful new book by Ashley English which I discovered via Imen’s blog. I love garden parties (I even had one for my wedding) and this book is full of inspiration and ideas for planning outdoor gatherings.
- I want to make this bright green couscous salad from Katie at the Kitchen door. All those greens just make me swoon.