It’s been a tough ole week. I have concluded that if our marriage can survive these renovations it can survive anything! On the plus side, things are moving quickly. The piping was laid for the under-floor heating & the concrete floors poured. The upstairs insulation is almost complete & work on the lights is underway. And we managed a trip to IKEA to pick out our new kitchen – utter heaven for a girl who loves to cook.
Despite all the running around I still managed to squeeze in some reading. Here are a few of my favourite reads from the past week:
- Just for fun, and since it’s Easter, here’s a list of egg-related expressions (or eggspressions, if you will!)
- Continuing on the egg theme, here are 10 alternative uses for eggs, from face masks to fabric whitener and beyond.
- I have been reading this book about how the human body evolved in response to the age-old question “What’s for dinner?” The book discusses how, despite living longer than ever before, humans are currently overrun with conditions arising from how our bodies have not kept pace with changes in how we live our lives. It goes on to discuss what we can do to avoid these debilitating conditions. A very interesting read.
- I am loving this blog which recently won both the Reader’s Choice and Editor’s Choice Awards for Best Photography in the Saveur Food Blog Awards.
- I enjoyed this article from the Washington Post about Teeny Lamothe, who spent a year travelling across American learning to cook a variety of pies. She has since turned her passion for pies into a successful business. I love it when hard work pays off.
Wishing you all a very happy Easter.